Verified by Visa
Using Verified by Visa, your Visa card will work just as it does now. It will also work with online retailers who are not yet offering the Verified by Visa service.
It’s this simple to sign up:
- Sign up for the service with the bank or organisation that issues your Visa card
- Choose a password and a personal message
- When you’ve signed up, you can shop at any online retailers offering Verified by Visa
With so many places to shop, the choosing might be hard.
But the shopping is easy, yet totally secure.
It’s this simple to shop:
- Choose what you want to buy
- Go to the check-out page
- Enter your Visa card details as usual
- The website will indicate whether or not it offers Verified by Visa
- Your personal assurance message tells you that the bank or organisation that issued your Visa card is asking for your password
- Enter your password, click 'submit’
- Your identity is confirmed
- Job done
Taking advantage of SecureCode is easy - just shop online as you normally would, then use your SecureCode at checkout following these three easy steps:
Enter your MasterCard credit or debit account number at checkout at a participating online retailer.
A secure window from your financial institution will appear, requesting your SecureCode. Simply enter your SecureCode in the secure window. In seconds, your financial institution will authenticate the transaction and confirm that you are the individual making the purchase.
That's it. Once your identity has been authenticated your secure online transaction can be completed.